Sunday, May 25, 2008

Another Cat Scare

We had another cat scare today.  Mindy got out again!  I have absolutely no idea how she got out this time around since my dad has already blocked out her previous escape route.

My dad realized she was not around at about 8 pm.  I was playing with her at about 7.  So she got out between 7 and 8.  My dad and I walked around the neighborhood calling out her name.  She came running out from one of the neighbor's house and I scooted at her to get inside.  Luckily she listened and ran into the house.

This cat is really given me a headache.  We have to figure out how to block out other possible routes.  We think she climbed up the gate.  Meshing up the gate wouldn't work as the mesh that is sold at the pet stores basically provide her with a means to climb up.  We are going to get more polycarbonate to cover up the gate.  

Hopefully all our efforts will work now and she'll stop trying to get out to explore the world.  The only good thing about this is that we know for sure she knows her way home.  And this is also a good thing as it's showing us where we need to plug the "holes" before the kitten comes home to us.

No comments: