Monday, June 9, 2008

M6 & M7: Day 5

The boys are now sleeping in my room together with Megan and Murphy. Murphy was insistent on sleeping with me after one night in my parents' room. She's used to sleeping on my bed and she's not about to give up that privilege. Megan joined in the 2nd night, sleeping on her own bed on the floor. The boys remain in their box during the night but have naps in their flower bed during the day. With the boys spending nights in my room, Mindy is a much happier cat.

I had a nice weekend with them taking naps on my tummy. They love to climb onto my lap and promptly falling asleep. It was nice having them snuggle in my lap while I type away at my computer.

They are already on solids (both canned and dry kibble) for a couple of days and are taking it well. Molten is definitely the greedier of the two. He literally meowed at me and smacked his paw into the bowl when I wanted to add a little warm water to it. Mikey just let me do whatever I wanted with his food bowl.

We've also tried to introduce the boys to the dogs as the vet said that they do not need to be quarantined from the dogs. They will still have to be separated from Mindy for the time-being, not that it's a problem as Mindy keeps far away from them. Magic is totally not interested, while the other 3 would observe their movements. Megan has actually given Mikey and Molten kisses, although I don't think the boys liked it too much.

All is progressing well and I'm glad.


No comments: