Wednesday, July 16, 2008

M6 & M7: Day 42

Both Mikey and Molten are doing well and eating voraciously. Mikey gave me another scare when he another another seizure at 2am on 11 July.

I did some research on the internet and found that
feline seizures are rare. The type of seizure that he is going through is called Grand Mal Seizure, characterized by foaming at the mouth, loss of bladder control and stiffness. Causes vary but the distemper vaccination could be a likely cause. The other possibility is that Mikey might have a growth somewhere in his body that is affecting him. It's also possible that this is a phase that he is going through. I'm hoping that it's either because of the vaccination or he's just going through a phase.

The vet advised to monitor him and if he has more than a couple of seizures a month, we might have to do further tests, including an MRI to see whether it's a neurological problem. I seriously doubt that, as he is smart and active.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he does not have another seizure this month.

1 comment:

calsifer said...

Keeping our fingers crossed for Mikey!